Ecological modelling made simple
With ECO Lab you get a complete numerical laboratory for water quality and ecological modelling. You can develop exactly the model you need and describe the processes you wish. No ecological problem is too simple or too complicated for ECO Lab and there is no time-consuming programming involved.
With ECO Lab you simply define the process using standard templates as a basis. It enables you to transform any aquatic ecosystem into a reliable numerical model for accurate predictions.
- It combines the best of two worlds - you get access to our well-proven and widely used standard water quality models and you get complete freedom to include your own know-how or research ideas and test them against your field data.
- ECO Lab models work across the range of 1D, 2D and 3D MIKE modelling packages - as will your own templates.
- You can focus on the processes and forget about programming.
- You can exchange ideas and models with colleagues around the world. Simply send them a copy of your templates.
- As ECO Lab contains a generic equation solver, it can also be used for generic postprocessing of hydrodynamic results, for example, in calculating flood risk indices or scour risk formula.
ECO Lab is the ideal software for
- water quality and ecological studies related to subsurface and groundwater, rivers, wetlands, lakes, reservoirs, estuaries, coastal waters and the sea
- spatial predictions of any ecosystem response
- simple and complex water quality studies
- impact and remediation studies
- planning and permitting studies
- water quality forecasts