Modelling of sediment transport and morphology
Sediment modelling (1D) is performed with MIKE 11 - the world-known predecessor of MIKE HYDRO River. MIKE 11 is included in the MIKE HYDRO River package.
It offers a variety of options for modelling of sediment transport dynamics and morphological changes in the river bed. Transport models are available for fine, cohesive sediments, such as clay and silt, non-cohesive sediments, such as sand, gravel and boulders, as well as mixed sediments.
Typical sediment transport applications include:
- Assessments of sediment dynamics in larger river systems
- Long-term morphology
- Optimisation of dredging maintenance, for example for navigation
- Sediment management in rivers and reservoirs
- River restoration projects
- Long-term simulations of morphological changes in rivers
- Rapid assessment of sediment dynamics in larger river systems
- Mixed sediments analysis, including morphological changes